1. Name and contact details of the controller for processing and operational data protection officer
This data protection information shall apply to processing activities by:
Spieker & Jaeger Rechtsanwälte | Wirtschaftsprüfer | Steuerberater Partnerschaftsgesellschaft mbB | Notare (“S&J“), Kronenburgallee 5, D-44139 Dortmund, Germany
Phone: +49 0231 95858 0;
Fax: +49 0231 95858 4948;
The operational data protection officer of S&J can be reached at the following address:
Dr. Nils Helmke c/o AGAD Service GmbH, Waldring 43-47, D-44789 Bochum, Germany
Phone: +49 0234 282533 20;
Fax: +49 0234 282533 10
Herr Dr. Nils Helmke is also the operational data protection officer of the following notaries:
Hans-Jürgen Palm, Anja Berninghaus, Hans-Joachim Bartels, Dr. Carsten Jaeger, Dr. Thorsten Mätzig, Dr. Boris Blank und Dr. Steffen Lorscheider
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of their use when visiting the website
When calling our website www.spieker-jaeger.de, the browser used on your end device will automatically send information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a log file. The following information is recorded without any action on your end and stored until automated erasure:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of the access,
- Name and URL of the called file,
- Website from which the access takes place (referrer URL),
- Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider.
The data listed above are processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring smooth establishment of the website’s connection,
- ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- evaluation of system security and stability, as well as
- other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for processing activities shall be sentence 1 of point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR. Our legitimate interests follow from the purposes listed for data collection above. In no case shall we use any collected personal data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
3. Passing on of data
Your personal data will not be transferred to any third parties for any other than the purposes referred to below.
We shall only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have explicitly consented to this pursuant to sentence 1 of point (a) of Article 6(1) GDPR,
- disclosure is necessary under sentence 1 of point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR for establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in your data not being passed on,
- disclosure is required due to statutory obligations pursuant to sentence 1 of point (c) of Article 6(1) GDPR, and
- this is legitimate by law and necessary according to sentence 1 of point (b) of Article 6(1) GDPR for processing contractual relationships with you.
The cookie is used to store information that results in connection with the specifically used end device. However, this shall not mean that we directly obtain any knowledge of your identity this way.
Furthermore, we also use temporary cookies to optimise user friendliness, which are stored on your end device for a certain specified period. When you visit our site again in order to use our services, it will be automatically recognised that you have visited us before and which input and settings you have made so that you will not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies are necessary for the purpose of protecting our legitimate interests and those of third parties according to sentence 1 of point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You may, however, configure your browser so that no cookies will be stored on your computer or that you will always be informed before a new cookie is set up. Complete deactivation of cookies may, however, render you unable to use all functions of our website.
5. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- to obtain access to your personal data processed by us in accordance with Article 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request access to information on the purposes of the processing, category of personal data, categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged storage period, the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the right to lodge a complaint, the source of your data if they were not collected at our site, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and any meaningful information on its details;
- to obtain without undue delay rectification of any inaccurate personal data stored by us or to have incomplete personal data stored by us completed in accordance with Article 16 GDPR;
- to obtain erasure of your personal data stored by us to the extent that processing is not necessary for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims in accordance with Article 17 GDPR;
- to obtain restriction of processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 18 GDPR as far as the accuracy of the data is contested by you, processing is unlawful, but you oppose erasure and we no longer need the personal data, but you still require them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand transfer to another controller in accordance with Article 20 GDPR;
- to withdraw your consent once given to us vis-à-vis us at any time in accordance with Article 7(3) GDPR. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the processing activities that were based on this consent in future and
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Article 77 GDPR. Usually, you may contact the supervisory authority at your habitual residence or place of work or our office address for this. The competent supervisory authority is: LDI NRW, Kavalleriestrasse 2-4, D-40213 Dusseldorf, Germany.
6. Right to object
If your personal data are processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with sentence 1 of point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 21 GDPR to the extent that there are grounds for this relating to your particular situation or the objection is targeted against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object that will be implemented by us without any indication of a particular situation.
If you want to exercise your withdrawal right or right to object, simply send an email to: email@example.com
7. Data security
Within the website visit, we use the common SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the respective highest encryption level your browser supports. This usually is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a particular page of our website is transmitted encrypted or not is evident by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
Apart from this, we use appropriate technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your personal data from accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures will be improved continually according to the technological developments.
8. Topicality and amendments of this data protection policy
This data protection policy is currently valid as of May 2018.
Further development of our website and offers through it or changed statutory or authority specifications may require changes to this data protection policy. You may view and print the respective current data protection policy at any time on the website at https://www.spieker-jaeger.de/en/privacy.